Bookings Coordinator – Private Healthcare
Considering a career move?! Join our bookings team in the exciting world of private healthcare!
We are looking for a highly organised individual with excellent customer service & a keen eye for detail to join our expanding patient care team at our Private Hospital!
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of all MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to follow procedure and be a team player
- Problem solver, with ability to think out of the box
Previous experience within a Private Healthcare role is not essential and full training will be provided.
Duties of this role include:
- Book patient appointments in person or on the telephone and understand the necessary preparation needed for diagnostic scans and surgical procedures
- Advise patients on the types of scans available at Pall Mall Medical – MRI, CT, Mammography, X-Ray and Ultrasound
- Advise patients on the types of theatre procedures available at Pall Mall Medical – cosmetic surgery, gynaecology, urology, ENT, and more
- Provide reception cover to patients, clinicians and other visitors
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and follow-up appointments as designated by physicians
- Deliver 5-star customer service to all clients, including VIP clients such as premiership footballers, media stars and influencers
- Obtain and manage all radiographer / consultant / surgeon / doctor requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other staff - within the PMM Clinics & external facilities - providing accurate, timely, and responsive information
- Coordinate processes and complete all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements.
- Demonstrate courtesy, empathy and helpfulness toward patients and their families
- Liaise with radiographers to ensure clinics are staffed appropriately
- Arrange for radiology reports to be completed and sent to patients as required
- Various other tasks as required to be necessary for the needs of the business.
About Pall Mall Medical
Pall Mall Medical is a rapidly growing private health care provider based in the North West. We have city centre clinics in Manchester & Liverpool, where we deliver predominantly GP & Consultant appointments; and we have a purpose-built hospital in Newton-le-Willows where our Diagnostic facilities are located. Our hospital in Newton-le-Willows is the “hub” to our two-city centre clinic “spokes”.
The Radiology department at our hospital focuses mainly on MRI, CT, X-Ray, Mammography and Ultrasound. Unique to Pall Mall Medical, we provide a 100% private service; meaning we do not offer any NHS Choose & Book appointments. This means that patients can experience a 5-star journey as our team can dedicate more time, care & attention to each person. We truly go above & beyond to ensure all our patients receive the highest possible standard of care with no barriers.
The theatre bookings department provides a wide range of outpatient appointments and surgery, including cosmetic surgery, gynaecology, urology, ENT and endoscopy. Our Private Hospital is one of the fastest growing operating facilities in the North West, where we perform a wide range of procedures – breast augmentation, face lifts, rhinoplasty, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, circumcision, hysteroscopy, and more.
Pall Mall Medical is a family-run business and employs 50 staff across administrative and clinical functions. We pride ourselves on being an organisation, which is responsive to the needs of our staff & patients and were delighted to be accredited with the prestigious “Investors in People” Accolade in Easter 2018, reaffirming our commitment to providing a fantastic working environment for our staff.
Healthcare or radiology experience is desirable not required.
- Base location: Newton-le-Willows Hospital (WA12 0JJ
- Hour: 37.5 hours per week over a shift pattern:
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum – depending on experience
- Autonomy in a role, yet with full support from management
- Exclusive discounted access to private healthcare, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery and other services
- Day off for your birthday *
- MediCash healthcare
- Free flu jabs and eye tests
- Company Christmas Party with free drinks, food and transport
- Constant learning & development opportunities
* qualifying period applies
If this role suits your knowledge, experience and skills then we would like to hear from you, please fill out our application form and send you CV to email@example.com