Considering a career move?! Join our Cosmetics team in the exciting world of Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Treatments!
We are looking for a dynamic, tenacious and customer-service orientated person to become our latest Cosmetic Surgery Patient Coordinator!
Pall Mall Cosmetics is the brand name for the Cosmetic Surgery department of Pall Mall Medical. We provide a wide range of procedures & treatments including: breast augmentation, breast reduction, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), rhinoplasty, anti-wrinkle treatment, dermal fillers and much more!
The past 12 months have been really exciting, as we have launched a new brand, new website and brought on many new surgeons & procedures, seeing a 300% increase in activity over the period! The next 12 months promise to be even more exciting, with more new surgeons & procedures and a massive increase in our marketing efforts!
As we plan to continue the growth of our cosmetic surgery activity, we are looking for someone new to join the team!
About the role
The Cosmetic Surgery Patient Coordinator plays an essential part of the patient journey, dealing with initial enquiries, booking consultations, meeting with patients, providing quotes, arranging surgery, organising pre-op care, following up after surgery with patients and arranging post-op care.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills – our Cosmetic Surgery coordinators play a crucial role in the decision-making process for our patients. Coordinators need to build a strong rapport with patients, based on trust, empathy and helpfulness. You definitely need a dazzling personality or “pzaz” to succeed in this role!
- Strong organisational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail – there are lots of steps a Coordinator must go through for our patients: payments, consent forms, pre-op assessments, post-op documentation and more!
- Tenacity, creative problem-solving and a relentless “can-do” attitude – our team bend over backwards to help our patients! This is why we get so many 5-star reviews – we truly go the extra mile
- Empathy and listening skills – many patients opt for surgery because they suffer from low-confidence or they are in pain. It is crucial for the coordinator to be able to work with the patients to understand the desired outcome of surgery and what is the best way to help them achieve it
- Flexibility to attend multiple sites – it is crucial for a coordinator to be at the clinic if a patient is meeting a surgeon on part of the surgery journey. Shifts are done on a rota basis across each site. Consultations may be booked at the last minute so flexibility to accommodate a dynamic rota is
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of all MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to follow procedure and be a team player
Whilst it is not a necessity for the role, candidates who can demonstrate the following may have an advantage in carrying out the role of a Cosmetic Surgery Patient Coordinator:
- Social media fanatic! – a lot of enquiries come via Facebook or Instagram. Coordinators who can turn a simple message into a consultation are likely to have a much higher conversion rate. This also helps when trying to obtain photos & results from patients who have already had their procedure (we call this “patient
- Previous experience of cosmetic surgery either as a client or a patient coordinator – whilst we will provide full training on all procedures & protocols, patients tend to relate very well to coordinators who have been through the journey already! It also means you can hit the ground running when you join us!
Previous experience within a Cosmetic Surgery / Private Healthcare role is not essential and full training will be provided. However, applicants with such skills are likely to attract a salary towards the higher end of the salary bracket.
Duties of this role include:
- Deal with all patient enquiries – for cosmetic surgery & aesthetic treatments – via the website, email, telephone, social media and “walk-ins”
- Book patient appointments in person, on the telephone or by email
- Follow up with enquiries & lead multiple times in order to maximise the number of appointments and ultimately procedures booked
- Liaise with surgeons to book consultations, surgery and post-op care
- Liaise with nurses to book pre- & post-op care
- Prepare quotes and take payment for surgery & treatments
- Prepare surgery documentation and ensure full & accurate completion before a procedure takes place (quote, medical consent form, surgery consent form, pre-op assessment form, etc)
- Build rapport with patients and be available in the clinic, by phone or by email to answer any and all questions – big or small
- Work with the Marketing Department to provide content in the form of reviews, before & after photos, patient selfies and more
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the services offered and the skill set of each individual surgeon. It is crucial to be able to match a patient to the most suitable surgeon for the most appropriate procedure
- Physically be present at patient & surgeon consultations in order to meet & greet patients, provide information before & after the consultation and guide the patient through the next steps along the journey
- Various other tasks as required to be necessary for the needs of the business.
About Pall Mall Cosmetics & Pall Mall Medical
Formed in 2010 by two Doctors with over 60 years of combined medical experience, Pall Mall Medical is a rapidly growing, private healthcare provider in the North West. We have city centre clinics in Manchester & Liverpool, where we deliver predominantly GP & Consultant appointments; and we have a purpose-built hospital in Newton-le-Willows where our Diagnostic & Surgical facilities are located.
Our Aesthetic treatments and Cosmetic Surgery have been delivered under the Pall Mall Medical umbrella from 2010 up until 2017. Excitingly, in 2017, we launched “Pall Mall Cosmetics” as a new brand! This allowed us to re-brand and provide a much more dedicated focus for our cosmetic surgery & aesthetics offering.
We work with over 150 specialists across all medical fields and have 10 surgeons who specialise in Aesthetics & Cosmetic Surgery. All our Pall Mall Cosmetics specialists are highly trained in their fields with many years of experience.
Unlike other cosmetic surgery providers, we have our own hospital where all procedures take place. We only work highly reputable surgeons who have decades of experience in the industry. Our purpose-built hospital performs over 1,500 cosmetic surgery procedures each year and is the base for some of the most reputable surgeons in the country. Our facilities are state-of-the-art, which is one of the reasons some of the biggest, national cosmetic surgery providers operate within our hospital.
Pall Mall Medical is a family-run business and employs 50 staff across administrative and clinical functions. We pride ourselves on being an organisation, which is responsive to the needs of our staff & patients and were delighted to be accredited with the prestigious “Investors in People” Accolade in Easter 2018, reaffirming our commitment to providing a fantastic working environment for our staff.
Cosmetic Surgery experience is desirable though not required.
- Base location: Newton-le-Willows Hospital (WA12 0JJ)
- Travel to Manchester & Liverpool on a rota basis is important (travel expenses are covered in full)
- Hours: 40 hours per week dependent on consultation activity (shifts include Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, 11:30am-7:30pm and Saturday 10am-2pm)
- Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 – depending on experience
- Autonomy in a role, yet with full support from management
- Exclusive discounted access to private healthcare, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery and other services *
- Day off for your birthday *
- MediCash healthcare
- Free flu jabs and eye tests
- Constant learning & development opportunities
- Company Christmas Party with free drinks, food and transport
* qualifying period applies
Sounds too good to be true? Find out for yourself. Email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and application form.
Good luck – we can’t wait to meet you!