Considering a new career?! Join our finance team in the exciting world of private healthcare!
We are looking for a highly organised Finance Officer with a keen eye for detail to join our Private Healthcare organisation!
The role will comprise of three main elements:
- Purchase ledger: checking invoices from suppliers/consultants against our purchase order system in order to accurately process payment runs in a timely manner
- Sales ledger & credit control: ensuring invoices are accurately sent to clients in a timely manner, and ensuring payments are made with little-to-no debt levels
- Improving systems & processes: implementing financial controls, including regular financial reporting
About the role!
As well as performing day-to-day finance duties (purchase ledger, credit control, data input), we are looking for someone to work with us to create, implement and monitor robust & efficient financial controls, supported by regular financial reporting packs.
Our organisation is at a stage where we need to enhance the sophistication of our finance department and are looking for a candidate to work us to create and follow systems & controls.
Specifically, you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Review invoices from suppliers (medical suppliers, utilities, pharmaceutical companies, etc) against PMM’s purchase order system
- Review invoices from consultants & clinicians against PMM’s medical management software
- Liaise with bookings team, site managers and suppliers to address any invoice queries
- Process fortnightly and urgent ad hoc payment runs
- Work with the bookings team and clients (surgeons, other hospitals, employers, etc) to ensure invoices are sent and payments received in a timely manner
- Work with insurance companies to ensure all members have correct authorisation codes that cover their procedures and that payment is made accurately & promptly
Note: Most sales ledger for B2C clients is done at point-of-sale through the Reception & Call Centre team
- Run regular reports to ensure B2B and B2C debt is minimal and consistently being chased
- Work with debt collection agency & legal team where needed
- Clear all previous outstanding debt that has accrued over the past few years.
Implement Financial Controls
- Perform audits on current financial systems, make suggestions into improvements and create/implement more robust processes
- Ensuring the company is protected from fraud when taking payments
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly and promptly within the agreed timeframes
- Ensuring payments taken by clinic staff (reception / call centre) are added to the system correctly and accurately reflects the money that reaches PMM bank accounts
- Ensuring all payments (incoming and outgoing) are recorded on the company accounts platform (Sage) and correct nominal/departmental codes are added.
- Implementing a system whereby all financial transactions are accurately put onto the accounting package (Sage) and in a timely manner
- Producing regular information packs for the management team
- Revenue breakdown
- Expenditure breakdown
- Work with Operations Manager, Stock Controller and Group Purchasing Officer to negotiate prices with suppliers.
About Pall Mall Medical
Pall Mall Medical is a rapidly growing private health care provider based in the North West. We have city centre clinics in Manchester & Liverpool, where we deliver predominantly GP & Consultant appointments; and we have a purpose built hospital in Newton-le-Willows. Our hospital in Newton-le-Willows is the “hub” to our two city centre clinic “spokes”.
Our Surgical & Diagnostics centre focuses mainly on cosmetic surgery - as well gynaecology, urology, ENT and endoscopy – our Private Hospital is one of the fastest growing operating facilities in the North West. We perform a wide range of procedures – breast augmentation, face lifts, rhinoplasty, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, circumcision, hysteroscopy, and more.
Pall Mall Medical employs 50 staff across administrative and clinical functions. We were delighted to be accredited with the prestigious “Investors in People” Accolade in Easter 2018, reaffirming our commitment to providing a fantastic working environment for our staff.
Healthcare experience is not required.
- Base location: Newton-le-Willows Hospital (WA12 0JJ)
- Hour: 40 hours per week over a shift pattern:
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum – depending on experience
- Autonomy in a role, yet with full support from senior management
- Exclusive access to private healthcare, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery and other services
- Day off for your birthday *
- MediCash healthcare
- Free flu jabs and eye tests
- Company Christmas Party with free drinks, food and transport
- Constant learning & development opportunities
* qualifying period applies
Sounds too good to be true? Find out for yourself. Email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and application form.
Good luck – we can’t wait to meet you!