Hours: Part time, up to 20 hours per week
Salary: £8.95 - £9.67 per hour
Location: Vaccancies in: King Street, Manchester, M2 4PD &
5 St Pauls Square, Liverpool L3 9SJ
Reports to: General Manager
- Company Pension
- Perkbox:Vouchers and discounts to wide range og hgh street retailers and restaurants
- Discounted Private Health Care, Cosmetic & Aesthetic Treatment
- Childcare vouchers
- Growing organisation with continuous opportunities and personal development
Who we are
Pall Mall Medical is one of the fastest growing, independent Private Healthcare providers in the North West. We provide patients with rapid access to a wide & holistic range of healthcare service, including: Private GP appointments, specialist consultations, advanced diagnostics, health screening, surgical procedures in our state-of-the-art theatre facilities, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery, occupational health and medico legal services.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5-star healthcare to all our patients and clinicians. Recently accredited with the Investors in People Accolade, we are looking to expand our team in-line with our ambitions to further grow the organisation.
What you will be doing
The Health Care Assistant will have a vital role in serving patients by preparing specimens for laboratory testing; performing screening procedures (sample taking, ECG, pre op assessments, post op checks); preparing rooms for clinic; maintaining stock levels; ensuring laboratory results are back in a timely manner and dealt with accordingly.
Pall Mall Medical are looking for a dedicated, committed and organised individual who can multi-task, covering a wide variety of workloads.
Other duties & responsibilities include;
- Taking bloods
- Phlebotomy - Already discussed.
- Ordering medication / stock
- Moving & handling
- assisting clinicians in their clinics/chaperoning, performing ECG
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with theatre staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
- Ensure that all clinical waste bins are locked at all times
- Attend all requirements with relevant clinical procedures within the clinic.
- Be accountable for own standards of work.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Attend appropriate training sessions to improve standard of practice.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Actively participate in quality assurance programmes.
- Perform any other duties as required and deemed competent to do so.
- 'The job holder will comply with all PMM information policies in relation to the conduct of his or her role'.
- Fault reporting according to clinic policies and procedures.
- Support clinical staff with the safe handling and movement of clinical specimens. In addition:
- Promote effective communication within all department areas.
- Adhere to the clinic policies, procedures and standards.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Report to the appropriate nurse any patient related information.
- Support colleagues and work co-operatively to promote good team morale.
- Actively work to maintain the standards set by The CQC
What we are looking for in you
Everyone at Pall Mall Medical shares a passion for quality care, and as a Health Care Assistant, we have no doubt you do to. We’re looking for HCA’s with a real ‘above and beyond’ attitude who want to provide the very best care to every patient.
You will also have;
- Experience as a Health Care Assistant in a similar setting
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of all MS programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow procedure and a team player
If this role suits your knowledge, experience and skills then we would like to hear from you, please fill out our application form and send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org