Pall Mall Medical is one of the fastest growing, independent Private Healthcare provdiders in the North West. We provide patients with rapid access to a wide & holistic range of healthcare service, including: Private GP appointments, specialist consultations, advanced diagnostics, health screening, surgical procedures in our state-of-the-art theatre facilities, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery, occupational health and medico legal services.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5-star healthcare to all our patients and clinicians. Recently accredited with the Investors in People Accolade, we are looking to expand our team in-line with our ambitions to further grow the organisation.
As a Scrub Nurse we require the job holder who can provide exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative environment and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre. We are looking for someone to take a lead in the peri-operative team.
Key surgical specialities at Pall Mall Medical: Cosmetic Surgery, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT
Duties will include:
- As part of the theatre team you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite. Competency in all aspects of theatre technique and procedure
- Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
- Identifying and discussing the nursing problems or needs with the patient, relatives and other staff as deemed necessary
- Promoting the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of day surgery patients
- Providing a lead role in a defined area of specialist nursing care
- Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
- Participate in the training and development of other staff.
- Comply with requirements of Health & Safety and principles of COSHH
- Perform compressive assessment of patient care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate care according to changing health care needs
- Supervise and support other team members
- Collect, collate and report information, maintaining accurate patient records and theatre documentation.
- Where possible involve patients, carer’s multidisciplinary team/ relatives in the planning of deliver of care.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidisciplinary team, patients carers/relatives
Specific job requirements
- Discuss, agree and explain responsibilities for assessment of patients including their needs and any associated risks including perioperative care
- Identify and report any significant changes that might effect the patient’s health and well being to the appropriate person if outside your scope of practice
- Complete the requirements of Pall Mall Medical and the departmental induction programmes
- Assess and identify current knowledge and skills to the demand of the job, reflect on knowledge and skills and seek feedback from others
- Attend annual mandatory training programme
- Maintain a personal development portfolio
- Identify risks involved in work practices for each patient. Manage those risks and help others to do the same
- Maintain a safe working environment for self, colleagues, patients and others. Monitor work areas and practices ensuring they are free from hazards and conform to health and safety legislations
- The necessary action in relation to risks in the workplace, support others in maintaining health, safety and security
- Act a role model in promoting health, safety and security
- Apply legislations, policies and procedures to own work within the organisation
- Understand job role and scope and identify how this can be developed over time
- Maintain continual professional development in quality improvement, make recommendations on how quality in the organisation can be improved
- Raise quality concerns and related risks with the relevant people and re-evaluate to ensure improvements have been made
- Agree with others how practice could develop to improve quality and provide the appropriate support as service changes
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and clinical guidelines for self and others
- Continually monitor standards of care and contribute to improvement of care, through benchmarking, audit and research.
- Communicate effectively and share best practice with the multidisciplinary team & others
- To be aware of duties and responsibilities in relation to clinical risk management
Please do send your CV to: Recruitment@pallmallmedical.co.uk below to be considered for this role, please note all candidates will need to complete an application form which is availiable below.
Good luck and thank you for your interest in Pall Mall Medical.