Pall Mall Medical is one of the fastest growing, independent Private Healthcare provdiders in the North West. We provide patients with rapid access to a wide & holistic range of healthcare service, including: Private GP appointments, specialist consultations, advanced diagnostics, health screening, surgical procedures in our state-of-the-art theatre facilities, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery, occupational health and medico legal services.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5-star healthcare to all our patients and clinicians. Recently accredited with the Investors in People Accolade, we are looking to expand our team in-line with our ambitions to further grow the organisation.
As a theatre assistant we require the job holder who can provide exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative environment and assist in the management and organisation of care provision.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking routine tasks related to individual’s health and wellbeing whilst assisting in the delivery of care to meet these needs
- Production and communication of information and knowledge, whilst establishing and maintaining effective communication with a multi-disciplinary team
- Acknowledge the risk of healthcare associated infections and understand own responsibility as agreed with line managers in the prevention and control
- Correctly undertakes tasks that have been delegated in relation to the specific individual as agreed with the care team
- Assist scrub nurses with preparation for surgical procedures and preparation of equipment for use within theatre.
- Effectively clean the operating theatres between cases and at the end of each day in accordance with infection control policy
- Record information related to designated tasks accurately and passes it on to the relevant person in the team and in a timely manner
- Identifies and reports any significant changes that might effect the individuals health and wellbeing to the appropriate person
- Prepare patient, self, equipment and materials appropriately for the surgical list to be undertaken. Ensuring support is given to patients throughout and encouraging them to promote their own health and well being
- Priorities attention to patients, alerting the team when there are changes in the patients health or possible risks
- Communicate appropriately with all those involved in the care of the patient, reporting problems to the appropriate person immediately
- Communication with colleagues, patients and consultants in a manner and at an appropriate level and pace, overcoming barriers to understanding
- Take an active part in a variety of learning activities and keep a record, seeking help when unsure
- Co-ordination with other colleagues and staff in maintaining theatres and ensuring all stock, consumables and equipment is fit for purpose
- Maintain and manage theatre equipment, organise theatre maintenance in line with company standards
- Ensure in and out booking of breast implants by size and serial number, see that all patients receive the correct implants for the day of surgery
- Ensure effective communication with third party theatre rental companies to ensure correct ordering of stock and consumables for the say’s surgery
- Effective stock management to ensure stock, consumables are ordered, maintained and kept up to date
- Maintain stock levels in theatres and store rooms (minimum 2 weeks)
- Assist in minor procedures within the company to ensure patients needs are met to the highest standards
- Ensuring patient safety, dignity, respect and confidentiality is paramount
- Ensure that all equipment for clinics is accounted for and fit for purpose before patient is advised
- Assisting and maintaining the endoscopy suites, ensuring this is clean, tidy and fit for purpose for each case
- Any other duties deemed to be necessary for the needs of the business.
How to Apply
Please do send your CV to: email@example.com below to be considered for this role, please note all candidates will need to complete an application form which will be sent to you In order to be considered for the role.
Good luck and thank you for your interest in Pall Mall Medical.