- Hours : Full Time (37.5 Hours fully flexible including evenings, weekends)
- Salary : Circa £40,000 dependent upon experience
- Location : 1 Belvedere Road, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 0JJ
- Annual Leave : 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Reporting to: Hospital Manager
- Accountable to: Hospital Manager
- Company Pension
- Discounted Private Health Care, cosmetic & aesthetic treatment
- Day off for your birthday (qualifying period required)
- Access to Perkbox discount retailer with 1000’s of money saving vouchers
- Growing organisation with continuous opportunities and personal development
Pall Mall Medical offers private GP consultations, specialist consultations, diagnostics, screening, day-case operations, aesthetics and cosmetic surgery, occupational health services and medico legal services. Pall Mall Medical targets patients who are self-paying, have private medical insurance, as well as small, medium and large businesses.
Pall Mall Medical provides private walk-in medical facilities in Manchester, Newton-le-Willows and Liverpool offering consultations and appointments to patients wishing to see GPs and Consultants privately.
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the theatre department. The post holder will lead the business function for the department, develop and maintain high standards of service delivery within the department, modernising services to meet all key national targets and health care commission / clinical governance standards. The post holder will ensure that the Inpatient theatre department has effective and efficient structures in place in order to ensure that all standards of patient care are met and that associated risk and governance matters are managed.
To provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing more than one perioperative team in a safe, efficient and financially successful manner while maximising theatre utilisation.
To ensure the perioperative teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership, within available resources.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the day to day efficient and effective operational management of theatres linking appropriately with clinical staff in all matters affecting the delivery of core services.
- Provide clear leadership, ensuring that all staff are appropriately managed and developed and that they are efficient, effective, engaged and motivated.
- To ensure that effective lines of communication are established within area of responsibility.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of the theatre department to ensure systems are in place to learn from all patient experience, safety and outcomes information and develop systems of audit to ensure continuous improvement.
- To regularly review clinical policies and procedures and to ensure robust systems and processes are in place.
- To ensure that facilities and other resources are available to meet service needs, including analysing and managing capacity requirements.
- To be a highly visible manager, providing leadership to staff and empowering them, supporting a management style which builds on the existing strengths in the organisation, valuing equality and diversity.
- Control and review the use of resources against planned performance, implementing robust mechanisms for stock management, control and purchasing
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, facilitating effective communication
- To control Bank and Agency spend to maintain financial balance.
- To manage the recruitment, selection and retention of staff with assistance from the Hospital Manager and HR
- To ensure staff receive appropriate inductions and to implement personal development planning throughout the post holders area of responsibility.
- To plan and participate in the induction, training and development and education of staff within the Department.
- To participate in clinical audit’s as and when required.
- Ensure all company policies, procedures and protocols are enforced and adhered to.
- Act responsibly in respect of colleague’s health, safety and welfare following safe work practices and complying with the companies Health and Safety Policies.
- Participate as a member of the theatre team and develop clinical skills in all areas of care delivery, including anaesthetics/surgery/recovery.
- Maintain compliance with, and develop, policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to the role
- Ensure the highest standards of patient care are delivered and supported by a robust clinical governance framework
- Set and monitor standards of patient care and ensure quality systems are in place to monitor practice.
- Ensure care is patient focused and underpinned by evidence based practice and continual knowledge and skills of staff.
- Ensure the safeguarding agenda is implemented with effective systems throughout the service, including effective liaison with other agencies as required.
- Ensure there are systems in place to learn from all patient experience safety and outcomes information and develop systems of audit to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring systems of implementation of new ways of working, pathway developments and improved performance.
- Facilitate regular audits to ensure maintenance of high standards of care.
- Ensure effective systems and processes are in place for infection prevention and control management and co-ordinate relevant audits.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor the cleanliness of the department, which should meet company standards.
- Work closely with the Estates departments to review/monitor the cleaning and departmental standards and audit reports for your area of responsibility.
- Develop proactive risk management systems to improve patient care.
- Coordinate the theatre department ensuring a safe and effective service
- Work in a clinical capacity as required
- Accountable with the maintenance of adequate consumable stock levels
- Maintain accurate and legible patient documentation
- Participate in the training and development of other staff.
- Comply with requirements of Health & Safety and principles of COSHH
- Perform compressive assessment of patient care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate care according to changing health care needs
- Collect, collate and report information, maintaining accurate patient records and theatre documentation.
- Where possible involve patients, carer’s multidisciplinary team/ relatives in the planning of deliver of care.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidisciplinary team, patients carers/relatives
- Promote adherence to Infection Prevention and Control policies, by working closely with staff, demonstrating good practice, providing education and training, and auditing outcomes.
- Liaise with all members of the teams in matters relating to infection prevention & control.
- Assist clinical staff to assess, plan, implement and evaluate appropriate care in order to promote good Infection Control practice and optimise patient care.
- Actively promote good health and hygiene.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and clinical guidelines for self and others
- Continually monitor standards of care and contribute to improvement of care, through benchmarking, audit and research.
- Communicate effectively and share best practice with the multidisciplinary team & others
- To be aware of duties and responsibilities in relation to clinical risk management
- Lead on theatre policies, procedures and risk assessments
Please do send your CV to: email@example.com below to be considered for this role, please note all candidates will need to complete an application form which will be sent to you In order to be considered for the role.
Good luck and thank you for your interest in Pall Mall Medical.