How I got rid of my wrinkles?
“No longer am I sweet sixteen, no longer carefree. My skin is still soft, but it’s starting to feel dull and damaged. Maybe I should have used more facial product, skin creams and sun screens.”
This is what I used to think about quite often. Whether in office, or at home, hanging out with friends, colleagues or relatives, I kept looking into the mirror checking for new lines or wrinkles on my face and trying to hide it with a layer of makeup.
I was 43 years old, a workaholic mother, working for a corporation in a business development role. Appearances do matter when you’re trying to win a client. A wrinkled face didn’t do any wonders for my confidence and self-esteem.
This is when I started exploring skin treatment options. I felt I shouldn’t have to look aged. I wanted to fix that and I wanted to do something about it now.
Usually, wrinkles are a sign of aging but I found several other reasons that may cause early wrinkles:
- Sun damage
- Lack of sleep
- Long term effects of smoking
- Consuming alcohol
I think a little bit of all the above may have contributed to the premature wrinkling and aging of my face. The best option I had to reverse these signs of aging was an anti-wrinkle treatment.
I scheduled a convenient same day appointment with a cosmetic surgeon at Pall Mall Medical. I went in to discuss my case and my expectation from the treatment. The consulting doctor put my mind at ease by providing me thorough information based on scientific research. When I went back home, I checked online and was impressed with feedback and reviews from numerous other patients.
The pre-op session with the doctor helped me get an understanding about how the procedure will change my looks. I was relieved to learn that the Anti-wrinkle treatment is a nonsurgical procedure that reduces and, in some cases, can completely remove wrinkles. It is performed by injecting botulinum toxin into the facial muscles, which reduces the ability of muscles to contract. This process relaxes and softens the muscles and leaves the skin unwrinkled, making the skin look young and fresh.
Anti-wrinkle treatment can target areas on the upper face, lower face or neck. This treatment has become very popular because it is equally effective for men and women.
(The only difference is that men have stronger muscles than women and thus need more quantity to be injected to get the desired result, particularly on the forehead and frown areas – sorry men!)
While I was determined to get this procedure done at the earliest, I wanted to make sure that I understand both, the potential benefits and risks before getting it done.
Benefits of Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
– The future of forever young: It provides a more youthful look even as you get older and makes you individual look and feel young.
– Confidence & self-esteem boost: It helps people gain confidence and is known to boost self-esteem. It did wonders for me! I feel rejuvenated and more positive towards life in general.
– Quick process: This procedure doesn’t take too long to perform and is ideal for those who don’t have time for after treatment and follow-ups. I was in and out within 30 minutes!
– Non-surgical process: This process doesn’t involve surgery, minimizing the personal risk as well as recovery time. It can be completed within 15-30 minutes with a quick outcome (visible outcome varies person to person from instantaneous to 14 days).
– Positive effect on health: When someone feels good about his or her looks, they tend to be more socially active. This feeling also contributes to the physical and psychological health of an individual.
– Pain free / minimal pain: Most patients do not require local anaesthesia as the pain is very low (with many patients saying they do not feel anything). If you are susceptible to pain – let the practitioner know so that local anaesthetic can be applied.
Risks Involved in Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
Anti-Wrinkle treatments are not without side effects. One should be aware of the potential risks before they decide to go ahead with the procedure.
– Botox: It is a neurotoxic protein that prevents the nerves from fully acting on muscles; it can be harmful in large doses. Therefore, it is recommended to discuss your medical history with the practitioner.
– Forehead numbing: Numbing of the forehead is very common after the procedure. It is recommended to wait for 3-4 days for the sensation to return.
– Swelling of the treated area: People get worried after seeing a swollen face. It is very common and is usually treatable by applying an ice pack that helps in reducing the swelling.
– Bleeding around the surged area: The surged area is little sensitive. In some case, it might start bleeding after the surgery. Consult your doctor to find the best way forward.
– Prolonged healing: In some cases, the recovery process may take longer than anticipated. Gentle massaging and eating healthy can help you speed-up the healing.
– Inflammatory medicines or alcohol consumption: These substances can slow down the recovery process and can lead to excessive bleeding. It is best to avoid alcohol completely and discuss your ongoing medication with your doctor before the procedure.
– Rogue practitioners or unskilled clinicians: Anti-wrinkle treatment is not regulated by the CQC or by any other body, meaning that anyone (hairdressers or even mechanics!) can perform the treatment. Make sure you fully check the credentials of the clinician before you go ahead with a treatment.
I would highly recommend booking a ‘free of charge’ consultation with a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon at Pall Mall Medical to receive the best advice and treatment.
Acknowledgement from Pall Mall Medical:
To our patient: We respect your wish to remain anonymous and appreciate you sharing your story and enabling other women (or men) to better understand their options for anti-wrinkle treatment.
Book your free of charge consultation with one of Pall Mall Medical’s Facial Cosmetic Surgeons or Aesthetic Doctors: email@example.com or 0330 058 44 55