Our brand-new Ultimate Health Screen has arrived!
After a year of working from home, staying inside and being kept away from our friends and family, the COVID pandemic has had an impact on everyone’s health, with many of us exercising less, making more frequent unhealthy diet choices and experiencing increased anxiety and stress.
To enjoy life to the full you need to be in the best possible health. That means more than just a healthy nutritious diet and lots of exercise. It also means taking every opportunity to make sure that everything is as it should be, medically.
Our new Ultimate Health Screen is an ideal way to make your health a priority again.
During your detailed and discreet appointment, your personal health assessment is performed by one of our private GPs. It combines your medical history, lifestyle factors and a physical examination, with some of the most advanced diagnostic testing available including:
· A PLAC and Q-Risk 3 cardiac assessment to predict your risk of coronary heart disease
The PLAC test is a blood test used to measure serum activity of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2), an enzyme that breaks down oxidized low-density lipoprotein in the vascular wall.
The Q-Risk 3 cardiac assessment calculates a person’s risk of developing a heart attack or stroke over the next 10 years. It presents the average risk of people with the same risk factors as those entered for the individual.
· A Lung CDT test for early detection of lung cancer
This test measures for the presence of autoantibodies to tumour-associated antigens which are linked to lung cancer.
· An advanced HbA1c diabetes test to look for signs of metabolic disease
This test tells you your average level of blood sugar over the past two to three months.
· A detailed review of your liver and kidney function The in-depth review provides an insight into how healthy your liver and kidney functions are.
· In-depth thyroid tests The blood test carried out to test thyroid function are TSH, T4 and sometimes T3.
· Essential vitamins check
A blood test to measure your levels of essential vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and beta carotene.
Your personal health screen journey
1. Before your appointment, please take two minutes to complete the questionnaire prior to seeing your private GP
2. Your first appointment lasts around 30 minutes. You’ll get the opportunity to discuss any personal health concerns, your past medical history, your current health and lifestyle choices and you’ll also have a physical examination, with a check-up of your eyes, ears and body
3. Your next appointment is with the nurse who will take some blood samples and any other samples or tests required as part of your health assessment. The nurse will also take some measurements your weight, height and blood pressure
4. After you’ve finished with the nurse you are free to leave. Your samples will be sent to the laboratory for testing, which can take up to seven working days
5. Your private GP will review your results and complete your health screen report. This will contain the results of your tests along with any GP recommendations for follow up tests that are required. Your results are normally sent you via email as a password protected PDF document.
6. If your report does suggest any follow-up tests that you would like to book in for or discuss with your GP in more detail, just call us on 03300 58 44 55. Referrals to see a consultant specialist or for a radiological scan are provided free of charge
Put your mind at ease by having an Ultimate Health Screen at one of our clinics. Prices start from £549. Click here