Dr Faria Khan has been assessing and managing Child and Adolescent Mental Health conditions for more than ten years specialising in assessing children from a diverse range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. She has acted as a Director of a residential care organisation housing young people with mental health conditions, has worked as an NHS consultant for the Early intervention in psychosis team in Lancashire and has also worked as a PICU (Psychiatric intensive care unit ) consultant in an Independent adolescent psychiatric inpatient unit.
Dr.Khan specialises in first episode psychosis and autism spectrum disorders and has also managed a wide variety of complex and challenging mental health problems.
- Assessment and diagnosis of Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperkinetic Disorder (ADHD)
- Mild to moderate learning difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Schizophrenia and early onset schizophrenia
Dr Khan also provides Medicolegal court work. Dr Khan works with a Team of highly skilled mental health professionals including Clinical psychologists, CAMHS Nurse practitioners and social workers which enable a wide range of psychosocial assessments as per required for Medicolegal cases.
- More than 10 years of experience working in the field
- Specialises in first episode psychosis and autism spectrum disorders
- Medicolegal Court work
- Approved section 12(2) Clinician
- Women in Business Northwest and Isle of Man awards-2011: Winner of the Best Start Up Business Of the Year
- Best Psychiatric Team of the year- Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2012
- The Early Intervention Team was short listed with six other teams at a National level for the Best Psychiatric Team of the Year Award.
- Public Educator of the Year – Royal College of Psychiatrists 2013
- CCT - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 200
- MSc, Healthcare Management – Policy and Planning (MCR Business school)
- Honorary Research Leader, Community based Medicine University of Manchester
How to Make an Appointment with Dr Faria Khan
Dr Khan works at both our Manchester and Liverpool practices. To make an appointment at either with Dr Khan please contact us on:
Manchester or Liverpool on 0330 058 44 55
You can also contact us by email or via our contact form.