Qualifications & Memberships
- MB ChB Glasgow University (1995)
- FRCP London (2001)
- Completion of Higher Medical Training (CCT) Cardiology and GIM (2009)
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Cardiac Society
- British Nuclear Cardiology Society
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Collegiate Member of the Royal College of Physicians of London
“Although my work predominantly involves looking after cardiology patients, I believe a wide experience in general medicine is a great asset to me as a cardiologist. It is very common for cardiac patients to have other medical problems and vice versa. I am highly experienced and fully accredited in general medicine which is beneficial in all round cardiac patient management.”
Mr Mohammed has broad training and experience in general cardiology at both teaching hospitals and district general hospitals, including those in Staffordshire, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow. He has a specialist interest in cardiac imaging and how this affects the accuracy of assessment of cardiac abnormalities.
- Lead cardiologist in St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in developing and integrating cardiac MRI service with other existing imaging modalities in the Trust.
- Wide experience in invasive cardiology including coronary angiography and pacemaker implantation.
- Over 12 months of experience in the assessment, management and follow up of heart failure and cardiac transplant patients at the transplant unit in Sheffield’s Northern General Hospital.
- Supervised and reported over 1000 nuclear cardiology cases.
- Performed over 1000 cases of coronary angiography.
- Performed over 300 cases of single and dual chamber loop recorders implantation.
“I am experienced in managing all types of cardiology patients in outpatient and inpatient settings including coronary care.”
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
There are no waiting times to see Dr Mohammed at Pall Mall Medical. He sees patients at our Manchester, Liverpool and Newton Le Willows sites.
For more information on our Clinics, click here.