Pall Mall Medical - for all your private healthcare needs, whether you are self-paying or have private medical insurance.
Dr Subramaniam Ramakrishnan is a Consultant Gastroenterologist who has over 15 years’ experience in gastroenterology and has a specialist interest in endoscopy and diseases which affect the liver and pancreas. He diagnoses and treats a wide range of conditions including irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, liver problems, gallstones and gastrointestinal cancer. He has a specialist interest in conditions caused by alcohol consumption, particularly alcohol-related liver disease.
Patients regularly visit Dr Ramakrishnan presenting with issues such as anaemia, indigestion, tummy pain, heartburn, unexplained weight loss, jaundice, constipation, diarrhoea and rectal bleeding.
Gastroenterology investigations available at Pall Mall Medical:
· Performed over 5000 gastroscopies, 1200 colonoscopies, 1000 Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatographies (ERCPs) and over 200 pancreaticobiliary endoscopic ultrasound examinations.
· Alcohol lead at Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, responsible for updating the alcohol pathway for patients and healthcare staff to provide uniformity in assessment and treatment. Created pathway for continuing care for patients with alcohol related problems in the community, in close collaboration with primary care trust.
· Endoscopy lead at the Trust where he established a new three room endoscopy unit and led the team to achieve national accreditation.
· British Society of Gastroenterology
· British Medical Association
· Medical Defence Union
· Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
· MRCP, UK, (1996)
· MD Gen. Med, India, (1994)
· MBBS Kilpauk Medical College, Madras (1989)
Dr Ramakrishnan is available for appointments without waiting times at our locations in Manchester, Newton-le-Willows and Liverpool.
For more information on appointments with Dr Ramakrishnan or to book a private consultation with him call Liverpool on 0151 244 4262, Manchester on 0161 832 2111 or Newton-le-Willows on 01744 624 464. Or simply make an online enquiry or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.