Dr Maged Gharib
Qualifications & Memberships
- CCST Certificate of completion of Specialist Training in Haematology
- FRCPath Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists (London)
- MRCP Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- MD Medical Medicine- MRCP equivalent (Cairo University)
- MBBCh Medical Bachelor and Bachelor of Surgery (Cairo University)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Pathologists
- British Society for Haematology
- European Haematology Association
Dr Gharib is a Consultant Haematologist with a wide range of experience, completing his training in 2005.
Dr Gharib has a background in internal medicine dating from 1991 to 1998 which provides him with an excellent foundation for analysing symptoms and diagnosing patients.
Since 1998, Dr Gharib has had experience in diagnosing and treating various benign and malignant blood disorders including leukaemia, lymphomas and myelomas. He is the clinical lead in thrombosis and anti-coagulation in St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Gharib is interested in studying and managing patients who are at risk of thrombosis. He is currently the principal investigator for the first national trial looking at treating cancer induced thrombosis with the new oral anti-coagulant, Rivaroxaban.
Having completed his training and publishing a wide range of research papers, case reports and textbook chapters, Dr Gharib prides himself in all areas of haematology, including adult and paediatric haematology
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
Dr Maged Gharib is available to see patients in Manchester and Newton-le-Willows.
For more information on our Manchester or Newton-le-Willows Clinics, click here.