There are many issues relating to Women’s Health which women perhaps feel embarrassed about. Unfortunately this often means that they are reluctant to consult a GP.
Ms Seema Chakravarti, our Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist here at Pall Mall Medical, recently spoke to Buzzfeed about women’s health, explaining, “something I always tell my patients is that there is no such thing as an awkward or embarrassing question when it comes to women’s health. If you have any concerns always speak to your doctor. In the meantime, here is some useful information and advice about those often-uncomfortable but extremely common issues that women face.”
- 1.) IRREGULAR PERIODS. Irregular Menstrual Cycles are often nothing to worry about but if they continue for a long period of time, it is worth consulting a GP
- 2.) UNUSUAL SMELLS. A strong vaginal odor can be a sign of an infection but not all vaginal odors are caused by this. For example, poor hygiene or tight fitting clothing or fabric that doesn’t breathe can cause sweat and bacteria
- 3.) ITCHY BITS. Itching could be a result of many things such as using strongly perfumed soaps or even the type of underwear you’re wearing. It could also be a sign of thrush or if you’ve been taking antibiotics, it could be a sign that it has triggered thrush
- 4.) ABNORMAL DISCHARGE. Most of the time, vaginal discharge is completely normal. It keeps the vagina clean and free from infection. Changes to consistency or amount can be as a result of menstrual cycle but could also indicate a yeast infection. These are very common and easily treated. Common causes vary from using strong soaps and wearing synthetic underwear to taking antibiotics
- 5.) LOW SEX DRIVE. Low libido can be caused by many different factors such as stress, going through the menopause, experiencing pain during sex and hormonal changes
Pall Mall Medical offers a full range of services, including private GP appointments, specialist consultant appointments (including male & female gynaecology), as well as advanced diagnostics, cosmetic surgery and occupational health.
Get In touch with our team today by calling 01744 62 44 64, complete our online enquiry form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.