Dr Haris Rathur
Consultant Endocrinologist and Diebetologist
Qualifications & Memberships
- MRCP (Endocrinology and Diabetes) (Royal College of Physicians, UK: 2012)
- MD (University of Manchester: 2012)
- Honorary Senior Lecturer (University of Manchester: 2011)
- CCT in G(I)M/Diabetes/Endocrinology (North West Deanery:2010_
- MRCP (UK) (Royal College of Physicians, UK:2002)
- M.B, B.S (Allama Iqbal medical College, University of the Punjab, Pakistan: 1995)
- BSc (Hnr) (University of the Punjab, Pakistan: 1992)
- Member of the society of endocrinology
- Member of the society of acute medicine
Currently working as a consultant physician at Tameside General Hospital alongside his work for Pall Mall Medical, Dr Haris Rathur is an acute medicine, diabetes and endocrinology consultant. He is a member of the society of endocrinology and the society of acute medicine and qualified as a member of the RCP in 2002.
Alongside his NHS and private work, Dr Rathur is heavily involved in teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and leads a weekly hot topic/Radiology MDT teaching programme which is well attended by both junior doctors and fellow consultants – a testament to his expertise.
He has published numerous academic papers, reviews, reports and chapters on an array of topics with a focus on diabetics and diabetic neuropathy. He also frequently attends and speaks at conferences. In his spare time Dr Rathur has a keen interest in calligraphy, philately and classical music.
Endocrinology and diabetes conditions that can be diagnosed and treated at Pall Mall Medical:
- Thyroid conditions
- Parathyroid conditions
- Adrenal and pituitary disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Calcium abnormalities
- Vitamin D abnormalities
- Diabetes and endocrinology consultant
- On-going research in diabetes
- Heavily involved in teaching at undergraduate, postgraduate and consultant level
Contact for appointments
Dr Haris Rathur is available to see patients in Manchester and Newton-le-Willows. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr Rathur, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 058 44 55
For more information on our Manchester or Newton-le-Willows Clinics, click here.