The mini tummy tuck is another form of tummy tuck with muscle repair surgery offered by Pall Mall.
Mini tummy tuck surgery is a less invasive type of tummy tuck and is recommended for patients with lesser levels of excess abdominal fat and stubborn loose skin that won’t go away despite dieting and exercise.
Typically, patients who are better suited to a mini tummy tuck procedure are those who are within the healthy weight range but have a small ‘pooch’ between the belly button and pubic region.
This small stubborn area of fat and loose skin is typically caused from pregnancy or rapid weight gain, and it doesn’t always go away with dieting or exercise – which can be highly frustrating for patients and can lead to damaged self-confidence.
The mini tummy tuck offered by Pall Mall is far less invasive than the full abdominoplasty with muscle repair surgery. That said, it is still a highly effective way to get rid of that stubborn belly fat and loose skin – with permanent results – ensuring that your self-confidence is restored, and you can fit into your old clothes again.
Unlike the full tummy tuck, the mini tummy tuck is a smaller, more acute procedure.
Therefore, it will not flatten your entire stomach, as it targets only the lower part of your abdominal region – similarly, it will not alter the position of your belly button.
It is not designed for patients with particularly high levels of excess fat or loose skin – but, don’t worry, the type of tummy tuck best suited to you will be discussed in your 20–45-minute professional consultation.
What happens during a mini tummy tuck?
- During the procedure, the surgeon will place you under a general anaesthetic, and a horizontal incision will be made above your pubic hairline.
- If your abdominal muscles have stretched – for example, due to pregnancy – they will be sewn together so that they tighten and become firmer. However, this is often not needed with this surgery, and more commonly occurs in a full tummy tuck.
- If there is still some stubborn fat remaining, our expert surgeons may use abdominal liposuction to remove it.
- The skin is then pulled around the abdomen, and any excess skin is removed.
With the mini tummy tuck, the surgery is only performed on the lower part of the abdomen – the result is a far more toned, tight, and aesthetic core region.
After a successful mini tummy tuck:
- Most patients will need to stay in a hospital typically for one or two nights.
- You will see some results immediately post-operation, but once the swelling goes down over the course of the next 6 weeks you will see the full results.
- Once you have been discharged, you will leave the hospital with pain relief, dressings, and a specialised corset on your tummy, or tummy control pants, that will aid in your recovery.
- You will not be able to drive immediately after the surgery, and therefore should have someone available to drive you home (a precaution, but we also recommend that someone stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery).
- You should keep your corset on for 6 weeks post-surgery to ensure optimal healing and comfort during the aftercare process.
- Please refrain from any physical activity (such as sports, gym activity, or even manual work) for at least 2 or 3 weeks after surgery. This again ensures optimal conditions for healing, and minimises the risk of fluid retention. Of course, this means that people with more physically demanding jobs will need to take more time off than those who work in an office, for example.
The results of the mini tummy tuck should be permanent, provided there is no rapid weight gain or pregnancy post-surgery.
Your aftercare package with Pall Mall will include a full programme of post-operative care. This will involve clinical review/checks of your wounds to make sure you are healing well.
Book your mini tummy tuck with Pall Mall today.