Is the countdown to your surgery date now on?
Whilst you will be getting excited about your cosmetic surgery, we wanted to share with you some suggestions of what to include in your surgery bag so you feel prepared and comfortable.
Your hospital bag should include everything you need from when you first arrive at our private hospital to leaving the after your procedure has concluded, whether that be a few hours later or the following day.
Please aim to pack all your items into a small to medium-sized wheeled case. Ensure all your luggage is labelled with your details and if possible, all items are contained within one bag.
Please ensure you pack a hospital bag for your surgery, essential items to bring with you include:
- A form of identification
- Mobile phone
- Phone charger
- Loose clothing that is easy to take on and off
- A warm jacket
- Slip on, flat shoes
- Prescription medications in their original packaging
- Hairbrush and hairbands
- Travel size toiletries including shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, bodywash, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste and wet wipes
- Skincare essentials including face wash, moisturiser and lip balm
- Slippers or socks with grip
- Glasses or contact lenses if you wear them
Some little luxuries you may want to include if you have space in your bag:
- Entertainment such as a laptop, iPad, books, Kindle (with associated chargers and cables), magazines and books
- Sleeping mask/ear plugs
- Pre-packaged snacks
- Sunglasses for the trip home if you are having any facial surgery
- A neck-pillow – after surgery it becomes a very useful as a small pillow to elevate arms or reduce pressure on other body areas
- Your own standard pillow also include 2 non-white pillows slips (bold pillow slips avoid confusion with hospital issued pillows)
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time by calling your Patient Co-ordinator.