Dr Asish Bassi
Qualifications and Memberships
- MRCP (UK) (1997)
- MBBS Calcutta University (1993)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- American Society of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Asish Bassi specialises in investigating, diagnosing and treating disorders of the stomach and digestive system. His areas of specialist interest include luminal gastroenterology and therapeutic endoscopy as well as investigating and managing common problems such as diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease indigestion and reflux issues. Dr Bassi has worked as a specialist in hospitals throughout the UK since 1999.
- Nominated by the British Society of Gastroenterology to represent the UK in the international trainers workshop in Florida organised by the World Gastroenterology Organisation.
- Successfully completed the Endoscopy Trainers course at the Mersey School of Endoscopy in 2007, then selected to join the faculty of Merseyside School of Endoscopy to train in colonoscopy courses.
- Gastroenterology lead for lower nutrition and GI services at St Helens & Knowsley Hospitals Trust.
- Honorary Senior Lecturer at Liverpool University.
Contact for appointments
You can book a private consultation with Dr Asish Bassi at Pall Mall Medical’s locations in Liverpool and Newton-Le-Willows to discuss your symptoms and concerns.