These terms and conditions (terms) set out the basis on which you will be provided with treatment/services at a Pall Mall Medical facility. Please ensure that you read them carefully and contact us if there is anything you would like explained further before you sign your registration form.
Many of our prices are published on our website, however, if you want to check the cost of any treatment or services, please contact us. For treatment/services that you are paying for yourself, Pall Mall Medical will always provide you with the cost of your care prior to treatment.
This section will apply if you are covered by private medical insurance
1. You agree to pay for your Care.
2. Whilst you will remain responsible for the payment of your Care, where you have private medical insurance:
a. we will, where possible, process the insurance claim for your Care with your insurer, provided you have given us and your insurer all the information we and your insurer need to do so. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to process your claim and you will need to pay for your Care, as set out in (c) below;
b. where we process your insurance claim and your insurer pays us direct, the rate agreed between Pall Mall Medical and your insurer (rather than the Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates) will apply to your Care;
c. if your insurer fails to settle our invoices (or any part of them) within 30 days of the date of issue we will investigate and if the outstanding amount will not be paid by your insurer we may invoice you directly or debit the relevant balance from your credit or debit cards in accordance with the process set out in paragraph 24 below (as relevant); and
d. if we invoice you for your Care or an element of it, you agree to pay us the amount invoiced within the time limits set out therein. If you do not think that we have invoiced you correctly, please let us know as soon as possible so we can deal with any mistake or misunderstanding. In any event, this must be done within 30 days of the invoice.
3. It is your personal responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance that your Care is covered by your insurance policy. Pall Mall Medical is not permitted to and will not obtain any such confirmation on your behalf. When you attend for treatment, if you want to check with your insurer whether any aspect of your Care is covered by your insurance policy, we will give you access to a telephone so you can contact your insurer.
4. Please note that some insurers use Care guidelines that may not match the professional medical opinion of the Consultants, nursing staff and other medical professionals providing your Care. In some cases, this can mean that your insurer may not pay for certain parts of the Care you receive, and you will be required to pay for that part of your Care. In particular, you should note that treatment for complications may in some cases not be covered by insurance and in such cases, you agree to cover the cost of your Care as set out in paragraph 2(c) above.
5. Please note that your insurance policy may not cover the cost of Sundry Items or other items such as specialist equipment, like crutches or wrist braces, or it may only cover part of such costs. You will be required to pay for any such items not reimbursed by your insurers.
6. If you pay for your treatment and subsequently seek reimbursement from your insurer, and if no other rate has been expressly agreed between you and Pall Mall Medical, the Pall Mall Medical standard Rates will apply to your Care. The insurance company may not agree to reimburse the full amount of the fees claimed for.
7. If no rate has been agreed between Pall Mall Medical and your insurer in respect of your Care, the Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates will apply to your Care. The insurance company may not agree to reimburse the full amount of the fees claimed for.
Self-Pay: Fixed Price
This section will apply if you are paying for your own Care and your Treatment Letter states that we have offered you a Fixed Price
8. You have been sent a Treatment Letter that will confirm your Treatment Package and Fixed Price and how you pay (including whether your Consultant will collect his portion of the Fixed Price from you directly). Please ensure you read this letter carefully. As set out in Other Terms and Conditions: All Patients, your Treatment Letter is part of your Contract with Pall Mall Medical. If you have not been provided with a treatment letter then the price agreed verbally with Pall Mall Medical Consultant or staff will form the basis of the agreement and has the same status as a Treatment Letter.
What is included in the Fixed Price?
9. Your Treatment Letter will confirm the Fixed Price for your Care that you are to receive under your Treatment Package. Unless your Treatment Letter says otherwise, your Fixed Price in relation to your Treatment Package includes:
a. all Consultants’ fees while you are in the Treatment Centre;
b. your accommodation in the Treatment Centre including your meals for as long as you are required (on the advice of your Consultant) to stay;
c. your nursing Care, including while you are in the Treatment Centre and post-discharge (for example, for the removal of stitches, application/ removal of plaster case and/or changing of dressings);
d. operating theatre charges;
e. all tests to determine your fitness for surgery immediately pre-admission;
f. all tests, treatments, drugs and dressings you may need during your stay in the Treatment Centre;
g. your essential medical or surgical equipment;
h. all prosthesis typically used for the procedure that you are having, selected from a standard range;
i. X-rays, scans and physiotherapy that you require during your stay in Treatment Centre;
j. all take home drugs that you require on the advice of or as prescribed by your Consultant for up to 14 days following discharge (other than in relation to DVT prophylaxis where, if required, you will receive a full course of treatment);
k. all clinically necessary follow-up physiotherapy which your Consultant prescribes to support your rehabilitation if this has been agreed prior to your Treatment Letter;
l. any basic home aids, such as wrist braces, crutches, sticks and reachers that you require;
m. one clinically necessary follow-up appointment with your Consultant;
n. all clinically necessary post-discharge radiology and pathology;
o. treatment for any clinical complications, subject to paragraph 16 below.
What is not included in the Fixed Price?
10. The following items are not included in your Fixed Price. If you have not paid for these already, you will be asked to pay for these separately at the Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates (unless otherwise stated in your Treatment Letter). The items not included in your Fixed Price are:
a. your initial consultation and any tests carried out at the time of that consultation or arranged at the consultation;
b. Care not listed in paragraph 9 above or Care listed in your Treatment Letter as being excluded from your Treatment Package;
c. Sundry Items;
d. Care that you receive anywhere other than at the Treatment Centre where you have booked your Treatment Package;
e. Care you receive that is not related to your Treatment Package, including treatment of complications and any condition associated with, or arising as a result of, pregnancies resulting from IVF treatment;
f. Large home aids, such as commodes or stair lifts.
What happens if I decide not to go ahead?
11. If you decide not to go ahead with your Treatment Package, you will need to pay for the Care that you have received up until the point of cancellation. This will be charged at Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates, but you will not have to pay more than the Fixed Price in relation to items which are included in the Fixed Price. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to the cost of the Fixed Price in accordance with paragraph 23 below if you cancel your treatment within 7 days of a scheduled appointment or admission date.
12. If you have already paid for your Treatment Package, we will refund your payment, less any amount that you owe to the Treatment Centre and/or the Consultant (as relevant, see Paragraph 22 below). Please note that we will pay any refund (by cheque or electronic transfer) only to the cardholder or person who made the original payment. We do not pay cash refunds.
13. Note that if your Consultant cancels your Treatment Package because they consider it is not in your best interests for medical reasons, and you have already paid for your Treatment Package, we will refund your payment. Note that you will not be required to pay for any Care included in your Treatment Package that you have received up until the point of such cancellation.
What happens if my stay is shorter than expected?
14. If your stay in Treatment Centre is shorter than anticipated, you will not be entitled to receive a refund of any portion of your Fixed Price.
What happens if I suffer complications?
15. While the Treatment Centre and your Consultants will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no clinical procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular treatment cannot be guaranteed with complete certainty.
You can find treatment summaries containing information on a range of treatments, including common complications, on the Pall Mall Medical website.
16. Your Fixed Price includes the cost of treating, at a Treatment Centre, any clinical complications identified by your Consultant as arising directly out of the treatment you received as part of your Treatment Package, provided that you have followed the advice of your Consultants and any other medical professionals involved in your Care. Treatment for clinical complications includes any consultations, outpatient, day-care and in-patient treatment which your Consultant says you need and which the Treatment Centre is able to provide. If we are unable to re-admit you to the same Treatment Centre we will make the most appropriate alternative arrangements at another Pall Mall Medical Group Treatment Centre at no additional cost to you. Where we are unable to treat your clinical complications you agree that appropriate follow-up care may be provided by your GP or the NHS. Pall Mall Medical shall not be required to provide replacement prosthesis required for reasons of normal wear and tear or any non-medical, at home, domiciliary or other long-term care that may be required.
What happens if I decide to stay in Treatment Centre longer?
17. If with the agreement of the Treatment Centre, you decide to stay in Treatment Centre beyond the time your Consultant considers it is appropriate for you to be discharged, or if you require further Care that is not covered by your Treatment Package, you will be charged at Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates.
This section will apply if you are paying for your own Care other than as part of a Treatment Package
18. If your Care is not paid for by an insurer directly, is not covered by a Fixed Price Treatment Package or is to be paid by you in accordance with these Terms, you will be charged at Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates and your Treatment Letter (if relevant and in so far as possible) will confirm this.
19. The Treatment Centre will give you an estimate of costs for your Care. Please note that it is not always possible to give an exact estimate for the Care you receive at the Treatment Centre and the total cost may depend on a number of factors, including any other conditions you may have. The Treatment Centre will always try to provide an accurate estimate and if the cost of your Care is likely to exceed this estimate the Treatment Centre will try to notify you as soon as possible. You are responsible for the payment of all Care you receive at the Treatment Centre, including any Sundry Items.
20. If you are an outpatient, you will need to pay for your Care prior to or on the day you attend the Treatment Centre before treatment. If you are admitted to a Treatment Centre, you will need to pay a deposit (which may be the amount of the estimated costs of our Care) 7 days before you are admitted and settle your account on discharge. You may also be asked to pay for your treatment in stages during your Care if the amount of your deposit is used before you are discharged. In extremely rare cases, if you have not paid before you leave the Treatment Centre, you agree to pay in full the outstanding invoice of your treatment or we may debit the outstanding balance from your credit/debit card, in accordance with paragraph 24 below.
This section will apply to you if you are an NHS Patient and Pall Mall Medical is treating you on behalf of the NHS
21. If you are an NHS patient, the costs of your Care and all Consultant fees are paid by the NHS. However, the NHS does not pay for Sundry Items. If you have not paid before you leave the Treatment Centre, you agree that you will pay any outstanding fees.
Other Terms and Conditions: Private Patients
This section applies to all Private Patients
22. Consultants (your attention is particularly drawn to this paragraph):
a. While at the Treatment Centre, you will be under the Care of the Consultant you have been referred to, who may also involve other Consultants in your Care, if appropriate. Pall Mall Medical staff, including nurses, will provide your Care under your Consultant’s instructions.
b. Consultants involved in your Care are independent practitioners and are not employees of Pall Mall Medical. Accordingly, Pall Mall Medical will not be liable for any act or omission of a Consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the Consultants). The Consultant will be responsible for the Care he/she gives you.
c. Except where Pall Mall Medical expressly agrees to collect the Consultant’s fees as agent on behalf of the Consultant, any Consultant’s fees relating to your Care will be charged separately to you.
23. Cancellations: Please click here for our full cancellations policy.
24. Credit/Debit Card: You are responsible for settling the cost of your Care before you are admitted or shortly before leaving the Treatment Centre. We may ask you for your credit or debit card details when you come into the Treatment Centre or when you make your appointment. You understand that we will keep these details until the costs for your Care including Sundry Items have been paid in full either by your insurer or yourself. If you have not paid before you leave the Treatment Centre, you agree that we can debit the outstanding balance from your card.
This section applies to all Patients who are not ordinarily resident in the UK
25. If you are not ordinarily resident in the UK you will be liable to pay charges if you require NHS treatment whilst in the UK, whether related to your Care at Pall Mall Medical (for example if you require treatment that Pall Mall Medical does not agree to provide) or not.
26. By signing a Registration Form and agreeing to these Terms you confirm that you have to leave to enter the UK and that you meet all relevant immigration criteria. You also confirm that you have made adequate arrangements to pay for your Care. Pall Mall Medical may contact the Home Office or UK Border Agency (as relevant) to the extent necessary to clarify any information regarding your leave to enter or remain in the UK in connection with your Care.
Other Terms and Conditions: All Patients
This section applies to all Patients
27. Your Contract with Pall Mall Medical: By signing the Registration Form you agree to be bound by these Terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Treatment Letter or Registration Form, these Terms will take precedence. If there is any inconsistency between the Contract and any marketing material, the Contract will take precedence. Pall Mall Medical may update these Terms from time to time, however, any changes will only apply to any new episode of Care or new Treatment Package that you receive. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in force at the time you complete the Registration Form. Note that any new Terms will not apply to any Treatment Package which is part-way through when the Terms are changed.
28. Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates: Unless the Terms or your Treatment Letter (if applicable) provide otherwise, the Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates will apply to your Care. If you want to check how much something costs, please ask. You can always check Pall Mall Medical Standard Rates by phoning your local Treatment Centre.
29. Cancellation of your treatment by Pall Mall Medical: Pall Mall Medical may need to cancel your treatment/care due to clinical reasons. Where this is necessary it will be a decision of your Consultant, or part of the clinical team associated with your Treatment / Care, on grounds of your clinical safety or in the interest of your health and wellbeing. Occasionally it may be necessary to cancel your Treatment / Care for non-clinical reasons. We will provide you with a reason why the cancellation was necessary. Where this is the case we will give you as much notice as possible. We will rearrange your Treatment / Care as soon as possible and agree on a date with you. Where we rearrange your Treatment / Care within a reason period Pall Mall Medical will not refund any sums paid by you. Pall Mall Medical will not be liable for loss or consequential loss as a result of unavoidable cancellations.
30. Notices and your contact details: It is important that you keep us updated with any changes in your contact details.
31. Your property: Treatment Centres can be busy environments. While we will take all Care to ensure the safety of your belongings, Pall Mall Medical does not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your or your visitors’ property.
32. Children: Where a person signs a Registration Form as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under the age of 18 who is under their Care, they agree that they will be bound by these Terms, even if that child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these Terms. In these circumstances, the references in these Terms to “you” and “your” shall include, as well as the child, the parent or guardian of such child in so far as such references relate to any obligation to pay for any Care provided by Pall Mall Medical to that child.
33. Changes in Applicable Law: You acknowledge and accept that Applicable Law may change and prevent Pall Mall Medical from providing certain Care. If Pall Mall Medical becomes aware that such a change has occurred and the change has an effect on your Care, Pall Mall Medical will contact you to inform you of this and its consequences.
34. Assignment: Pall Mall Medical may transfer and assign your Contract to any person who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Pall Mall Medical or to any other member of the Pall Mall Medical Group of companies.
35. Third Party Rights: Except for you or Pall Mall Medical, no person, company or organisation will have any rights under or in connection with these Terms. You agree to indemnify Pall Mall Medical against any claims brought by a third party in connection with your care.
36. Law and the Courts: These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
“Applicable Law” means any and all laws, regulations, guidelines and professional obligations applicable to the provision of Care or the performance of services for you, including the requirements as regards treatment, procurement, research and storage of reproductive material;
“Care” means care, treatment, diagnosis, services (including Sundry Items) and goods provided by us;
“Consultants” means all consultants, surgeons and anaesthetists involved in your Care;
“Contract” means these Terms, along with the Registration Form and, if applicable, your Treatment Letter;
“Fixed Price” means how much you will pay for your Treatment Package, as set out in your Treatment Letter;
“Treatment Centre” means a Pall Mall Medical Hospital or clinic;
“Private Patients” means all patients that are not NHS patients and includes patients who are covered by medical insurance and patients who are paying for their own treatment, whether by way of a Treatment Package or otherwise;
“Pall Mall Medical”, “we” or “us” means (a) Pall Mall Medical Limited where the Treatment Centre in which you receive your Care is operated by Pall Mall Medical Limited.
“Sundry Items” means personal items incidental to your Care, including meals for your visitors, newspapers and phone calls;
“Terms” means these terms and conditions;
“Treatment Letter” means the letter that we send to you (if applicable) regarding your Treatment Package or Care; and
“Treatment Package” means the treatment or procedures that will be carried out at the Treatment Centre as set out in your Treatment Letter and for which you have agreed to pay a Fixed Price.
Pall Mall Medical and the symbol are trademarks of Pall Mall Medical Limited