Who we are
'We' are Pall Mall Medical Ltd. Our registered address is Queens Court, 24 Queen Street, Manchester, M2 5HX. Company Registration Number: 06980523.
At Pall Mall Medical, we want you to be confident that your information is kept safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to provide great care and a more personalised experience.
What information do we collect about you?
- Personal data that you provide such as such as your name, age and contact details when you contact us through our website, by phone, email, post, face to face or social media
- Information collected from our website – eg IP addresses and browsing behaviour from our website and any supporting apps you may use (please see more in our cookie section)
- Basic recruitment information such as your education, qualifications, identification documents and right to work confirmations if you are applying for a position with us
- Basic information about you such as your name, date of birth, postal and billing address, telephone numbers, next of kin, GP practice
- Information about your health and wellbeing, treatment and care. This may also include information about your marital status, ethnicity and sexual orientation and results of X-Rays, scans and laboratory tests.
- Video images if you use our video consultation service
- Bank information (this is retained by our third party payment service)
- Your employers details (if we are providing occupational health services or providing them with a medical report)
- Your health insurer where applicable
- Information from compliments, complaints and incidents
- Your feedback and contribution to our client questionnaires and surveys
Information from other sources
- We work closely with third parties such as health and care business partners and sub-contractors such as those providing pathology services, sexual health services, scans and X-rays. We therefore may receive information from them relating to your health and care such as referrals, reports and test results
- We may also receive information about you from our trusted sub-contractors who provide technical support, payment services, advertising and analytics support. This could be confirmation of payment for your health and care services and information about your browsing behaviour on our websites and supporting applications
How will we use the information about you?
This section explains how and why we use your personal data:
- We need to process your personal data to manage our services, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and you, to provide you with information or services you have requested and to help you with any payments or refunds you may require
- To ensure that you receive the best possible care, your health record will also contain more sensitive information and reports about your health including details of any appointments, illness, tests and other treatments you receive. This may be shared with those who have a legal and legitimate need to see it to support your care.
- We may share minimal and relevant information within other organisations in order to provide effective information technology, financial, legal and governance support
- We use personal or anonymised data to monitor how effective our services are and to make sure that the treatments and services we provide are meeting the needs of our clients
- We use your personal data to send you our newsletters and information about products and services that you may be interested in if you have given us explicated consent to do so. You can opt out of this at any time
- We may use your personal contact details to notify you about changes to our service
Sometimes we are required by law to pass on certain information about you without your consent, for example:
- Reporting some infectious diseases
- Where a law, court order or public authority instructs us to do so
Information about you may be shared without your consent in exceptional situations, such as:
- when a serious crime has been committed
- if there is a serious risk to the public or our colleagues
- to protect children or vulnerable adults who are unable to decide whether their information should be shared
How we store and protect your data
- The confidentiality and security of your information is of paramount importance to us. We take the utmost care when handling your personal and confidential information and ensure that we have appropriate organisational and technical security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access, accidental damage, destruction or loss
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and enforce physical access controls to our building and record to keep information safe and expect those who are employed or work in partnership with us have regular training and follow our policies and procedures. We take active steps to monitor compliance with these
- Personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA by one of our service providers. When we transfer your personal data, we will ensure that there are adequate protections in place, in line with UK Data Protection Laws.
- Credit card payment transactions will be processed securely by our third party payment processors
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, disclosure and destruction of personal data. We may ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you or your representative
- By sending us an email message (for example via our GP@pallmallmedical.co.uk email), you will be sending us personal identifying information, such as your name and email address. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from third party interception or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than email
From time to time we would like to contact you with details of other products and services we provide at Pall Mall Medical. When you register with us, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communication. If you have consented to receive information, you can of course change your choice or opt out at any time online, at the clinic, over the phone or in writing at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted about our products and services, please call or GP@pallmallmedical.co.uk so we can amend your contact preferences.
Terms and conditions for ‘Christmas Quiz’
The Promoter is: 1 Belvedere Rd, Newton-le-Willows WA12 0JJ.
There is no entry fee to enter this prize draw.
Closing time for each entry will be midnight. After this time no further entries to the prize draw will be accepted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The prize is as follows: From 13th-23rd December - a £50 Love To Shop voucher.
The prize on 24th December will be an all expenses paid trip to London, including hotel, dinner and theatre tickets. Winner must be able to travel by train from home address.
No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. The prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
This prize draw is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18+.
The winners will be chosen at random by Pall Mall from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents and overseen by an independently appointed person. Details of the winning selection process are available on request by writing to Head of Marketing, Pall Mall Cosmetics -1 Belvedere Rd, Newton-le-Willows WA12 0JJ.
The winners will be notified by 10am every day on via Facebook post. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within seven days, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and any other relevant details along with their image in any publicity material.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the prize draw will be notified to entrants via email as soon as possible by the Promoter.
The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Entry into the prize draw by you (the entrant), will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Access to your information, your rights & correction
Under UK Data Protection law, you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, feel something is not right after reading your records or would like to know more about your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information
- The information is used to trace visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the following websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, you may find that this impacts on your user experience when navigating the website.
- For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
- This policy was last updated in April 2018
How to contact us
If you would like to know a little bit more about how Pall Mall Medical Ltd handles your personal information or have a query or request, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Dr Shikha Pitalia, Director
t: 0330 058 44 55