Dr Suzanne Kennedy AFBPsS
|Speciality||Consultant Clinical Psychologist|
|Key interests||Psychological well-being pre and post cosmetic surgery|
|Appointments for||Psychological assessments|
Dr. Kennedy currently works within the NHS as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. She holds a Bachelors and Masters degree in Psychology, a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology. Dr Kennedy is a Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Dr Kennedy has a special interest in cosmetic surgery and can offer pre-surgery psychological assessments for individuals who wish to undergo cosmetic procedures. She is a member of the UK Special Interest Group for Mental Health Professionals Working in Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Practice, affiliated to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and is on the BAAPS register of approved psychologists working in this area.
Since qualifying as a clinical psychologist in 2006, Dr Kennedy has held both senior clinician and leadership roles within the NHS including the positions of Clinical Neuropsychologist and Consultant Clinical Psychologist. She also spent many years working as the Clinical Lead for Later Life and Memory Services which involved redesigning services and creating new clinical pathways to ensure that individuals received timely, effective, and person-centred health care. Dr Kennedy has dedicated her career to improving the mental well-being and quality of life for people affected by conditions associated with the ageing process and has her work published in both national and international journals.
- Special interest in psychological well-being pre and post cosmetic surgery
- Physical and mental health problems (including chronic pain, depression, anxiety, bereavement).
- Mental health issues including anxiety, OCD, depression
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Memory problems
- Neurological conditions
- Pre-surgical psychological assessment and recommendations
- Pre- surgery support and counselling
- Post-surgery emotional support and counselling
- Cognitive rehabilitation (helping people compensate for their memory loss and other cognitive impairments)
- Psychological management of physical health and neurological problems (chronic pain, fatigue, MS, Parkinson’s, brain injuries, dementia etc)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy.
Qualifications & Memberships
- PGDip Clinical Neuropsychology (University of Glasgow)
- DClinPsy Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (University of Lancaster)
- MSc Psychology (Bolton Institute)
- BA(Hons) 2:1 Applied Social Sciences (Edge Hill University College)
- Health and Care Professions Council: Registered Psychologist
- British Psychological Society: Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- British Psychological Society: Associate Fellow
- BAAPS Register of Psychologists
Enquire About Our Services
A member of our team will be in touch with you to discuss your requirements.