Prostate MRI Scan
Multi-parametric magnetic resonance imaging (Multi-Parametric MRI) is a type of scan that uses magnetic fields to create a detailed picture of the prostate and surrounding tissues - it is an advanced tool to help diagnose prostate cancer. Multi-Parametric MRI scanning enables evaluation of the anatomy, blood supply and density of tissues. There is no radiation involved.
Overview of the mp-MRI technique
- Using Multi-Parametric MRI scans prior to prostate biopsies can identify around one in four men who can safely avoid having a biopsy
- Each year hundreds of thousands of men have “TRUS biopsies” to help diagnose if they have prostate cancer
- TRUS biopsies are not very reliable in identifying clinically significant prostate cancer, missing around half of clinically important cancers; they also pick up low-risk types of cancer that may never become clinically important
- TRUS biopsies are uncomfortable for patients, and have a number of risks, including infections, pain, blood in urine or sperm and pain while urinating
- Using Multi-Parametric MRI scans as triage prior to TRUS biopsy can reduce the number of men who need to have biopsies, while detecting over 90% of clinically significant prostate cancers
- Multi-Parametric MRI scans are performed at Pall Mall Medical and produce excellent results
How much does a MP MRI prostate scan cost?
|Multi-Parametric MRI scan of the prostate||£975|
Why Choose Pall Mall?
We’re a family-run private healthcare provider focussed on delivering healthcare services that meet patients’ needs and help them to thrive and live longer, healthier, happier lives.
We’re proud to work with some of the most experienced surgeons, doctors and consultants. With our team beside you, you can be confident that you'll receive the best possible care.
We offer a range of medical finance options on over 70 services. This means you can spread the costs over months and even years if you need to.
We have three clinics located in the heart of the North West – Liverpool and Manchester city centre and Newton-le-Willows. Our private hospital is located at our Newton-Le-Willows site.