Health Screens - Healthy Lung Screen
A healthy lung screen is a proactive health check for those who are, or believe thay may be, at risk of conditions such as lung disease and cancer. You may also be worried or suffering with symptoms of poor ventilation or obstruction to your airways and want to investigate any potential risks to your lung health.
Conditions that affect the lungs can be due to a combination of age, gender, smoking history, and other risk factors such as environmental/occupational exposures and emphysema/COPD. A first-degree relative family history means you have a moderate-to-high risk of developing lung cancer too.
Appointments take place at our CQC-certified clinics in Liverpool, Manchester or at Newton-Le-Willows (just of the M6, North West). The Lung Health Screen involves a 30-45 minute appointment with our Private GP that is fully confidential and discreet and is an ideal way to highlight any particular concerns you have.
The screen benefits from advanced lung testing and a detailed medical report containing your results and findings, highlighting any areas of concern identified and necessary follow-up advice from the GP.
Should a health risk or problem be detected, we can act fast with rapid access to specialist consultants and further diagnostic imaging if needed.
When should you consider lung testing?
You should consider a Lung Health Screen if you have any of the following risk factors:
- You are a heavy smoker, especially of cigarettes, cigars, shisha and marijuana
- Prolonged exposure to second-hand smoking
- You have close relatives who have or previously had lung cancer
- Exposure to radon, asbestos, coal products and/or radioactive substances
- Exposure to chemicals such is arsenic, vinyl chloride, and other carcinogens
- Diagnosis of tuberculosis, silicosis and/or berylliosis with or without scarring on the lungs
- Recurring pneumonia or bronchitis
Why Choose us?
- World-class Cardiologists
- State-of-the-art diagnostics
- Early detection of lung problems
- No referral needed
- At your convenience
- Available at multiple locations
We hope your health screen does not show anything of concern, however if it does – you are in safe hands. You won’t be given a basic report and expected to solve your own problems - Pall Mall Medical is here to help with rapid access to state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, as well as over 150 specialist Consultants who can guide you through any further investigations or advice should you need it.
|Healthy Lung Screen: £310||Included:|
|Personal Medical Report||YES|
|Height, Weight & BMI||YES|
|Early CDT-Lung Test (Blood)||YES|
|Lung Function Testing - Spirometry||YES|
|Lung Function Testing - Peak Flow Analysis||YES|