Hours: Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Location: Home based with regular travel across all PMM sites
Considering a career move? Why not Join our team in the exciting world of private healthcare! You don’t need to have worked in healthcare before, we’re more interested in you as a person and your ambition to grow in HR.
Pall Mall Medical is a rapidly growing private health care provider based in the Northwest. Our hospital in Newton-le-Willows has 2 surgical theatres and a radiology department. We perform mainly cosmetic surgery but are always exploring new services to deliver.
We also have city centre clinics in Manchester & Liverpool, where we deliver predominantly GP & Consultant appointments.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5-star healthcare to all our patients and clinicians and we’re looking to expand our team in-line with our ambitions to further grow the organisation.
Values & Behaviours
As a member of the HR team your own values and behaviours will have an impact on the overall success of the business, therefore you will be someone who shares and demonstrates PAACT Values through your everyday behaviours. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate:
POSITIVITY – you radiate positivity with a can-do attitude; you are a problem solver and are helpful and encouraging to colleagues
AMBITION - you are highly motivated, driven and hard-working; a go-getter who demonstrates pride in your own work and the success of PMM
CARING - you will consistently consider the employee experience by being a good listener, being attentive, thoughtful and helpful
COMMITTED - you are loyal and dedicated and will always go the extra mile for colleagues and ultimately patients
TOGETHERNESS – you are consistently helpful and supportive to others and will proactively respond to the needs of colleagues.
The HR Assistant will have an important role in contributing to the effective service of Pall Mall Medical’s HR team. Assisting the stand-alone HR Officer in all aspects of HR administration and service provision, the HR assistant will be in contact with key stakeholders from Directors, Business Managers, Site Managers and staff. The HR assistant will ensure the highest standards are kept in line with professional HR practice.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Part, or fully CIPD qualified
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box
Additional Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge and interest in Employment Law
- Mediation or facilitation skills
- Payroll experience
Duties of this role include:
- Assist managers with recruitment by screening, interviewing, notifying existing staff of internal opportunities and maintaining recruitment records.
- Maintains accurate human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking holidays, sick and personal time.
- Be responsible for submitting accurate information to payroll for each employee’s monthly pay.
- Liaise with clinicians and medical director to action & update practising privileges.
- HR induction of new employees.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Ensuring the HR administration is kept up to date and accurate
- Assisting with reporting for key stakeholders
- Assist with complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Minute and transcribe a wide range of HR meetings including disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Assist with advising managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Assist with staff training and development
- Assist with counselling staff about any problems they may have, either at work or personally.
- Adhere to health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- Any other duties as required by senior managers.
Hours: Full-time 37.5 Hours
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Base Location: Home based with regular travel across all PMM sites
- Support with professional development & CIPD studies
- Income Protection
- 28 Days Holiday (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Day off for your birthday
- MediCash healthcare
- Free flu jabs and eye tests
- Exclusive discounted access to private healthcare, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery and other services
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview at our Manchester Office on Tuesday the 2nd of November
Good luck – we can’t wait to meet you!