ODP-Operating Department Practitioner
Hours: Full Time or Part Time (37.5 Hours Full time)
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience
Location: 1 Belvedere Road, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 0JJ
Annual Leave: 33 Days (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension
- Discounted Private Health Care and Treatment
- Medicash- Reimbursement for your healthcare needs
- Day off for you birthday (qualifying period required)
- Access to Perkbox discount retailer with 1000’s of money saving vouchers
- Growing organisation with continuous opportunities and personal development
Pall Mall Medical is one of the fastest growing, independent Private Healthcare provdiders in the North West. We provide patients with rapid access to a wide & holistic range of healthcare service, including: Private GP appointments, specialist consultations, advanced diagnostics, health screening, surgical procedures in our state-of-the-art theatre facilities, aesthetic treatments, cosmetic surgery, occupational health and medico legal services.
We pride ourselves on delivering 5-star healthcare to all our patients and clinicians. Recently accredited with the Investors in People Accolade, we are looking to expand our team in-line with our ambitions to further grow the organisation.
As an Operating Department Practitioner the job holder who can provide exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative environment and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre.
Key surgical specialities at Pall Mall Medical: Cosmetic Surgery, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT
Duties will include:
- Covering Anaesthetics and Recovery for a wide range of surgical procedures
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, facilitating effective communication
- Accountable with the maintenance of adequate consumable stock levels
- Maintain accurate and legible patient documentation
- Participate in the training and development of other staff.
- Comply with requirements of Health & Safety and principles of COSHH
- Perform compressive assessment of patient care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate care according to changing health care needs
- Supervise and support other team members
- Collect, collate and report information, maintaining accurate patient records and theatre documentation.
- Where possible involve patients, carer’s multidisciplinary team/ relatives in the planning of deliver of care.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidisciplinary team, patients carers/relatives
- Participate as a member of the theatre team and develop clinical skills in all areas of care delivery, including anaesthetics/surgery/recovery.
- Recognise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations within theatre and other departments when required following appropriate training.
- Assist the Anaesthetist in the stabilisation of critically ill patients and participating in transfer within and to other hospitals when appropriate transfer training has been completed.
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use and any faults reported to the theatre lead
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and clinical guidelines for self and others
- Continually monitor standards of care and contribute to improvement of care, through benchmarking, audit and research.
- Communicate effectively and share best practice with the multidisciplinary team & others
- To be aware of duties and responsibilities in relation to clinical risk management
- Lead on theatre policies, procedures and risk assessments
Specific job requirements
- Discuss, agree and explain responsibilities for assessment of patients including their needs and any associated risks including perioperative care
- Identify and report any significant changes that might effect the patient’s health and well being to the appropriate person if outside your scope of practice
- Complete the requirements of Pall Mall Medical and the departmental induction programmes
- Assess and identify current knowledge and skills to the demand of the job, reflect on knowledge and skills and seek feedback from others
- Attend annual mandatory training programme
- Maintain a personal development portfolio
- Identify risks involved in work practices for each patient. Manage those risks and help others to do the same
- Maintain a safe working environment for self, colleagues, patients and others. Monitor work areas and practices ensuring they are free from hazards and conform to health and safety legislations
- The necessary action in relation to risks in the workplace, support others in maintaining health, safety and security
- Act a role model in promoting health, safety and security
- Apply legislations, policies and procedures to own work within the organisation
- Understand job role and scope and identify how this can be developed over time
- Maintain continual professional development in quality improvement, make recommendations on how quality in the organisation can be improved
- Raise quality concerns and related risks with the relevant people and re-evaluate to ensure improvements have been made
- Agree with others how practice could develop to improve quality and provide the appropriate support as service changes
How to Apply
Please do send your CV to: Recruitment@pallmallmedical.co.uk below to be considered for this role, please note all candidates will need to complete an application form which can be completed below.
Good luck and thank you for your interest in Pall Mall Medical.