It is not easy to lose weight in your face. The chin and jaw areas are extremely resistant to the effects of diet and exercise. Facial Liposuction can create subtle improvements to these areas, achieving excellent results, with a more slender facial profile being created. Commonly treated areas include the cheeks, chin, neckline and jawline.
Liposuction is typically associated with body contouring but, the procedure is a surprisingly versatile way to remove excess fat on the face too.
What is Facial Liposuction?
Facial Liposuction is similar to liposuction on other areas of the body. The main difference is the amount of fat that is being removed. Facial Liposuction can vacuum a few ounces through very tiny incisions.
What are the benefits of Facial Liposuction?
- Small incisions. The procedure doesn’t require any extensive incision, which means there is a lower risk of infection with Facial Liposuction. As a result, you are far less likely to experience discomfort and avoid any long-term side effects from the procedure.
- A speedy recovery. Experiencing slight discomfort after the anaesthesia wears off is normal and any bruising and redness will disappear within a few weeks. The expected three to six months for complete recovery is the average time for most patients to see the full benefits of the Facial Liposuction procedure.
- Little to no scarring. There is very little scarring involved with this procedure as the liposuction cannula is so small. As Facial Liposuction can be performed in discreet areas, scars can be hidden with ease.
- Limited pain. Only a mild painkiller is required in most cases, during the recovery phases. Ice packs or a hot compress can help reduce pain from the bruises.
- After the fat removal processes you’re left with tightened and toned skin. As the dermal layer of the skin and skin tissues heal, the skin can become much more firm and resilient.
The Facial Liposuction procedure
Liposuction often takes between 1 and 2 hours. Anaesthetic fluid is placed into the chosen area and an incision, usually less than 1cm, is made overlying or close to the area where the fat needs to be removed. A cannula is then used to remove the fat. The surgeon breaks up the fat and suctions it out through the incisions. If body jet liposuction is used then the fluid is infiltrated at the same time as the fat is removed. Once the fat has been removed the small incisions are closed with dissolvable stitches and a dressing is applied.
Facial Liposuction prices
Each patient is unique - different expectations and as such different requirements. We don't apply a "one size fits all" approach to cosmetic surgery, and as such the price of the surgery will depend on the exact requirements of your individual procedure. We have included an expected price range below, but really - we'd love to meet with you first to gain a better understanding of what you are looking for and what we can do to help you achieve the desired outcome.
The first step, should be to book in for a free of charge initial consultation - see the Consultant, so that you can discuss your hopes and expectations. Once the consultant has had a conversation with you, a member of our team will be in touch to provide you with a full quote. This quote will include everything - pre-op, surgery itself, post-op and aftercare.
| Location || |
| Finance - Recommendation 1 || |
Finance - Recommendation 2
| Manchester, Liverpool, Newton-le-Willows || |
Free of charge
| Free of charge || Free of charge |
| Newton-le-Willows || from £2,495 |
| Jawline Liposuction |
| Neckline Liposuction |
| Combined Areas Facial Liposuction |
| Body Liposuction || click here: body liposuction |
* Price may slightly decrease or increase depending on the type of anaesthesia required. The bookings team will confirm this with you after your initial consultation
** Default deposit amount (25%) can be varied and costs can be spread over a longer/shorter period, such that the monthly payment amounts are more suited to each individual situation. Please click here for more information on our finance options, including alternative payment models. Or alternately, please ask one of our dedicated team
Book with Confidence
To book your free of charge, no obligation consultation with your chosen expert Plastic or Facial Surgeon, simply call our dedicated cosmetic team on 0330 058 44 55 or email email@example.com
We offer appointments in all 3 of our clinic locations: Liverpool City Centre, Manchester City Centre and in Newton-le-Willows (St Helens).
Our Cosmetic Coordinators:
- Helen Stuart
- Sara Greenshields
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the risks of Facial Liposuction?
The surgeon will discuss all the risks with you, however potential Facial Liposuction complications may include:
- A very small chance of infection
- Nerve damage, loss of sensation
- Dissatisfaction with the cosmetic results
- Anaesthesia risks
- Hematoma (collection of blood pooling under the skin that may clot)
- Seroma (collection of fluid under the skin)
What is the recovery time for Facial Liposuction?
The Facial Liposuction procedure has a simple recovery process. Within a few days to a week most patients are back at work. It can take a few weeks for swelling and bruising to fully fade.
Who is a good candidate for Facial Liposuction?
This could be suitable for those of stable body weight who have developed excess skin or fat. This could be a double chin or excess fat around your lower face.
Are Facial Liposuction results permanent?
Facial Liposuction results last a long time. Although the fat cells sucked out will never return, the fat under your chin might come back if you gain weight.
Where are the incisions made, and are there any scars?
The incisions are made within the natural folds of the face, these are usually made under the jawline or chin. Scars are usually discreet.
Is Facial Liposuction painful?
Moderate discomfort may be experienced but taking the pain medication that will be prescribed by the surgeon will help with this. The pain will vary with each person. Swelling, if it occurs, generally takes about 10 days to go down. Wearing the compression garment or bandage advised by your surgeon will help the healing process.