What implants do we use?
At Pall Mall Cosmetics, we have a range of implants available from leading brands including Mentor, Allergan and Motiva. During your free consultation you will be able to discuss the look you are trying to achieve with one of our expert breast surgeons, who will also be able to advise on the most suitable size and placement of the implants.
Shape and profile options
The shape of the breast implant refers to the overall contour of the implant, while the profile relates to the amount of projection it provides. Here are the common options available:
- Round Implants: These implants have a symmetrical shape and are often chosen for their ability to provide fullness and cleavage enhancement. They can achieve a round, perky appearance to the breasts.
- Teardrop Implants: These implants have a more natural shape, resembling the teardrop contour of a natural breast. They are designed to mimic the natural breast shape with more fullness in the lower portion and a gentle taper towards the upper part.
- Low Profile: This type of implant has a wider base and provides a subtle projection. It is suitable for patients seeking a more natural-looking result with less prominent fullness.
- Moderate Profile: This profile offers a balance between projection and a natural appearance. It provides a moderate amount of fullness and works well for patients with average breast width.
- High Profile: High-profile implants have a narrower base and offer a greater degree of projection. They create a more pronounced and augmented look, often desired by patients looking for enhanced upper fullness.
What Is The Best Placement of Breast Implants?
- Behind the muscle: Also known as subpectoral placement, this technique involves positioning the breast implant beneath both the breast tissue and the chest muscle. This placement offers additional coverage for the implant and can provide a more natural-looking result, particularly for patients with thin breast tissue.
- In front of the muscle: This is where the breast implant is positioned behind the breast tissue but in front of the chest muscle. This placement provides more projection and is suitable for patients with sufficient breast tissue and minimal sagging.
- Dual plane augmentation: Dual-plane placement combines elements of both subglandular and submuscular placements. The upper portion of the breast implant is positioned beneath the muscle, while the lower portion is placed behind the breast tissue. This technique allows for improved upper pole fullness and can be beneficial for patients who desire a subtle lift or have mild breast sagging.
Am I Suitable For Breast Enlargement Surgery?
There are various factors that might lead you to consider Breast Enlargement surgery. These include having naturally small breasts, genetic conditions like breast asymmetry or tuberous breasts, or experiencing changes in breast size due to weight loss or after giving birth. Prior to the procedure, a comprehensive pre-op evaluation will be conducted with one of our nurses to determine you are fit and healthy enough to undergo general anaesthetic before receiving breast enlargement surgery. This assessment will also address your motivations for seeking surgery and the specific goals you have in mind, including a 14 day cooling off period to ensure you are certain about your decision.
How Do I Find The Right Breast Implant Size?
At Pall Mall, we provide a wide selection of implant sizes ranging from 175cc to 700cc. Each of our surgeons has their own preferences when it comes to implant sizes.
During your free breast consultation with your surgeon, they will offer guidance on how to best achieve your desired results. You have the option to schedule multiple free consultations with our range of surgeons to find the perfect fit for your needs.
If you're uncertain about the implant size for you, think of CC as a similar unit of measurement to grams. For example, 350cc is comparable to a 350g bag of rice.
Rest assured, if you have no specific idea about the implant size you desire, your consultation will include the opportunity to try on different sizes and get a sense of how they look and feel.
It's completely normal to have uncertainties, and our consultants are there to assist you in making the right decision based on your individual preferences and desired outcome, as everyone aims for different results.
The Different Types of Implants - Textured vs Smooth
When it comes to breast implants, there are two main types - textured and smooth. Smooth implants tend to move around slightly within the pocket that is created during surgery which gives them a softer feel than textured implants which stay in place due to their surface texture. Both types have their advantages but ultimately it comes down to personal preference so discussing your options with your surgeon is essential.
Would They Pop? Durability of Implants
One major concern among those considering breast implants is whether or not they would pop or rupture over time. The answer is no - modern-day breast implants are made from medical-grade material which has been tested for safety and durability so you don't have to worry about them popping!
However, should an implant rupture due to certain factors such as trauma or age then it would need to be replaced by another one that matches its size, shape and texture closely. At Pall Mall Cosmetics, we offer a free of charge implant ultrasound for up to 2 years after your surgery to ensure peace of mind for the health of your implants.
Breast Cancer Risk Increase?
It's important to note that there is no scientific evidence linking breast augmentation surgery with an increased risk of developing breast cancer . However, if you do have any concerns then talking through them with your surgeon at your free consultation will help put your mind at ease.
Can you Exercise After Having Implants?
You'll be able to resume exercising after you have healed from your breast surgery. We recommend allowing at least 6-8 weeks after your surgery with light activity between, however it's important that you consult with your surgeon first before resuming vigorous activities such as running or weight lifting as placing too much pressure on your chest area too soon can cause damage or discomfort. In terms of how exercise may change after getting breast implants, there won't be any significant changes in terms of exercise performance as long as you follow post-operative instructions closely.
Breastfeeding With Implants?
It is possible for women who have had breast augmentation surgery to still be able breastfeeding afterwards provided they do not have any other issues preventing them from doing so; however this should always be discussed with your surgeon beforehand just in case there are any complications that could prevent successful breastfeeding afterward.
Scarring after breast surgery?
The incisions used during this type of procedure is made either under the breasts near their crease where scars can easily be hidden from view.
The Health Of Your Implants
At Pall Mall we offer a complimentary Breast Ultrasound every two years following their Breast Enlargement surgery – this helps offer peace of mind and ensures that our patients' breast implants remain healthy and safe over time.
While deciding whether or not breast enlargement surgery is right for you can seem like a daunting task at first, understanding all aspects involved can help make sure that whichever decision you make will suit all your needs and requirements perfectly!
From knowing what type of implant works best for different body types through to understanding how exercise may change afterwards etc – these are all important points when considering having breast augmentation surgery!
As always though – come have a free consultation with one of our surgeons prior to making any decisions regarding a surgery such as this one so that together we can create a plan tailored specifically for yourself.