Qualifications & Memberships
- PhD (University of Sheffield )
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training-
- General Adult and Old Age Psychiatry
- Diploma in Psychiatry for Developing Countries (University of Manchester)
- MSc ( Psychiatry, Keele University, Stoke on Trent) 2MRCPsych (Royal College of Psychiatrists, London)
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine (Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland)
- Section 12 Approved for Mental Health Act Assessments
- Fellowship in Community Psychiatry, World Health Organization (Pakistan)
- FCPS-I College of Physicians and Surgeons (Pakistan)
- MBBS, University of Punjab (Pakistan)
Dr Abid Malik has over 22 years of experience in the field of medicine, with Clinical Psychiatric assessments and management in almost all subspecialties of Psychiatry. Some of his specialist clinical experiences include substance abuse, assertive outreach/rehabilitation, neurology and movement disorders.
Dr Malik is an approved educational supervisor. He teaches and trains foundation core and higher trainees during their placements in Psychiatry. Also, he is a Postgraduate tutor for Salford Psychiatric Trainees. Dr Malik has leadership roles and can apply Health Education England standards in line with the trust educational policy.
Along with delivering lectures to MRCPsych and GP trainees, Dr Malik often presents various seminars on research methodology, somatoform disorders, depressive disorders, cognitive assessments, Lewy body dementia and history taking at various platforms.
Dr Malik has a long history of teaching experience, based on his own portfolio of learning, which is accompanied by his professional advancement and clinical experiences. He has strong networks with international researchers in Pakistan and the UK.
His on-going research involvement enables him to practice evidence-based medicine also, to critically evaluate the existing literature on topics of his interest.
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
Dr Abid Malik is available to see patients in Manchester and Newton-le-Willows.
For more information on our Manchester or Newton-le-Willows Clinics, click here.