Dr Raheel Karim
Qualifications & Memberships
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
Dr Karim entered psychiatric training in Britain in 1984 and has been a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists London since 1987. Dr Karim has 34 years of extensive experience in psychiatry and has also been a Consultant Psychiatrist/ Associate professor in psychiatry in King Edward Medical University and a consultant psychiatrist within the NHS for the last 20 years.
Dr Karim has taught in various medical schools and has been a lecturer, supervisor, trainer and examiner for medical education and is also an educational supervisor for psychiatric trainees.
Dr Karim is multilingual and fluent in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi and can therefore offer culturally sensitive and appropriate private psychiatric consultations.
Private Psychiatric Services
- Assessing, the presence or absence of mental illness,
- Establishing a diagnosis revisiting an existing diagnosis,
- Providing second opinions imparting greater clarity.
- Creating personalised care plans with individualised treatment
Areas of Expertise:
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders (ptsd)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Bipolar affective, mood disorders
- Personality disorders
- Psychiatry of later life
- Substance misuse /addiction disorders
- Attention deficit disorder (add/adhd) autism spectrum disorders in adults.
- Psychosocial issues
- Psychosexual disorders
- Physical health
- Eating disorders
- Perinatal and postnatal disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Sleeping problems