Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Qualifications & Memberships
- PGDip Clinical Neuropsychology (University of Glasgow)
- DClinPsy Doctorate Clinical Neuropsychology (University of Lancaster)
- Clinical Psychology
- MSc Psychology (Bolton Institute)
- BA(Hons) 2:1 Applied Social Sciences (Edge Hill University College)
- Health and Care Professions Council: Registered Psychologist
- British Psychological Society: Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- British Psychological Society: Associate Fellow
Dr Suzanne Kennedy has worked with people experiencing memory problems and dementia for approximately 20 years. She has a Bachelors and Masters degree in Psychology, a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology. Dr Kennedy is a Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She currently works within the NHS as Lead Clinical Psychologist for Memory Services.
Whilst completing her studies, she worked for several years as a care assistant in a residential home for older people and this is where her passion for helping people with memory problems started. Since qualifying as a clinical psychologist in 2006, Dr Kennedy has held both senior clinician and leadership roles within the NHS including the positions of Clinical Neuropsychologist and Consultant Clinical Psychologist. She also spent many years working as the Clinical Lead for Later Life and Memory Services which involved redesigning services and creating new clinical pathways to ensure that individuals received timely, effective and person-centred health care. Dr Kennedy has dedicated her career to improving the mental well-being and quality of life for people affected by conditions associated with the ageing process and has had her work published in both national and international journals.
Her clinical expertise includes:
- memory problems and memory assessment
- neurological conditions
- physical and mental health problems associated with later life (including chronic pain, depression, anxiety, bereavement).
Dr Kennedy also offers therapeutic interventions, in particular:
- cognitive rehabilitation (helping people compensate for their memory loss and other cognitive impairments),
- cognitive behaviour therapy
- interpersonal therapy
- solution-focused brief therapy.
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
Dr Suzanne Kennedy is available to see patients in Newton-le-Willows. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr Kennedy, please contact email@example.com or call 0330 058 44 55
For more information on our Newton-le-Willows Clinic, click here.