Consultant Spinal Surgeon/Consultant Neurosurgeon
Qualifications & Memberships
- FRCS(Neuro.Surg), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- MBBS, Grant Medical College, University of Mumbai, India
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
Mr Ankur Saxena is an experienced Consultant Neurosurgeon with a sub-speciality interest in complex spine disorders. His neurosurgical training was based in Glasgow and Sheffield. On completion of training, he completed the Royal College of Surgeons of England’s spinal fellowship based at Salford Royal Hospital.
He offers the latest treatments relating to all spinal conditions, neurotrauma and peripheral nerve disorders.
Mr Ankur Saxena is actively involved in teaching medical students and neurosurgical trainees at a national and regional level. He has published several peer-reviewed articles in medical journals and has also presented his experience at international and national meetings on multiple occasions.
Mr Saxena’s interests outside work include sports like Cricket, Football and Badminton. He is a keen human rights activist and has been supporting Amnesty International for the last two decades.
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
Mr Ankur Saxena is available to see patients in Manchester and Newton-le-Willows.
For more information on our Manchester or Newton-le-Willows Clinics, click here.