Consultant Uroloical Surgeon
Qualifications & Memberships
- FRCS (Urology), Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2010
- F.E.BU (European Board of Urology) 2006
- MSc (Minimal Access Surgery), University of Dundee 2004
- FRCS (General Surgery), Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2000
- M.B.BCh (Al-Arab Medical University-Libya) 1996
- European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Libyan Urological Society (LUS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
Mr Ahmad Omar is a Consultant Urological Surgeon Based at Whiston Hospital, with broad-ranging general urology practice covering most aspects of urology. He has particular special interests in female, reconstructive urology, and urinary incontinence. He runs a weekly specialist female and pelvic floor clinic, receiving a specialized referral from other consultants and GPs.
Mr Omar is the clinical lead on urodynamic and management of urinary incontinence. He is also the lead on intra-vesical botulinum toxin treatment for storage bladder symptoms.
Prior to his appointment as a consultant, Mr Omar has undergone subspecialist training in reconstructive urology surgery at the world-renowned urology centre in Mansoura where he worked as a senior clinical fellow for 12 months.
Click to expand
Contact for appointments
Mr Ahmad Omar is available to see patients in Manchester and Newton-le-Willows.
For more information on our Manchester or Newton-le-Willows Clinics, click here.